Vibes DAO Launches on Stacks Testnet
HireVibes is a Bitcoin & Crypto jobs marketplace and community job board provider. The HireVibes token, $VIBES, is hosted on Stacks, a Bitcoin Layer2 blockchain. Every time a hire is made on HireVibes, or on a HV-powered community job board like the Stacks Job Board, a small portion of each hiring fee is allocated to the HireVibes community treasury - which we refer to from here as ‘’Vibes DAO’’.
With multiple jobs being filled since inception in 2019, over 3% of the total VIBES token supply have accumulated in the community treasury via market buy-backs, resulting in 15.6M VIBES tokens being currently held in the Vibes DAO. It's important to note that while the HireVibes app aims to gradually become a DAO, to begin with; only the Treasury function of HireVibes will operate as a fully fledged DAO.
So how will it work?
Our vision is to harness the power of the global talent community to revolutionize the work landscape and create a better world. By joining Vibes DAO, you become a catalyst for meaningful change, playing a pivotal role in shaping the future of work and making a lasting impact on society.
Vibes DAO is a decentralized treasury function that can fund proposals put forward by VIBES token holders. For example, imagine you want to deploy a HireVibes powered job board for your community, but you need a web designer to do some work to create a nice website to host it. As each new job board deployment grows the HireVibes network, a proposal could be made to Vibes DAO to get funding to pay the web designer.
Vibes DAO will be managed by the holders of VIBES governance tokens and it’s built upon the open source Executor DAO Framework, which is designed to be flexible and modular enabling the DAO to evolve as the VIBES community grows.
’’ExecutorDAO initially consists of just one core smart contract. Its sole purpose is to execute proposals and to keep a list of authorized extensions.The DAO is given form by means of so-called extension contracts. Extensions are contracts that can be enabled or disabled by proposals and add specific features to the DAO.’’
Vibes DAO rules;
Proposals must include a clear title, description, rationale, implementation plan, budget, timeline and expected outcomes.
- To create a proposal; the creator needs to hold and lock 10,000 VIBES tokens in HireVibes app which can be claimed back after Proposal voting is complete
- When creating a proposal; there is a 2 day window for community discussion and feedback before the creator clicks ‘’start voting’’ which would move it on-chain
- To vote: users need to log in to HireVibes with their Stacks Bitcoin wallet and it needs to holds at least 10,000 VIBES to be able to vote
- For a vote to pass and be executed; the proposal will execute if the votes in favor exceed the votes against, otherwise the proposal voting will be concluded and will not execute
- Ownership: VIBES DAO will be the owner of the VIBES DAO Treasury smart contract
- Emergency Powers & Proposals: Only a predefined team can pass emergency proposals. A team of 5 is recommended where emergency votes can be passed on a 3 of 5 vote. The emergency proposal team will be 5 reputable entities from the Stacks ecosystem which will be announced prior to the DAO going live. Emergency powers have a sunset of 6 months, Vibes DAO can vote to remove it or reinstate it. The emergency powers are extensions, so they can be removed and voted upon also.
- Emergency Proposals Timeline: executed in 24 hours with ⅗ emergency team votes
- Spam and off-topic proposals: If an insulting / harmful proposal is made; an emergency proposal should be made to remove it and it will be removed immediately from the HireVibes app front end. Spam filtration via keyword watchers will be set up from the start to limit the number of spam proposals
Vibes DAO Core Contract and Extensions on Stacks Testnet:
- Extension Trait:
- Proposal Trait:
Shaping the Future Together
At Vibes DAO, we firmly believe in the power of community input to drive positive change - that’s why we created Hirevibes in the first place! We invite and encourage every community member to actively participate, share their ideas on Vibes DAO github, and contribute to shaping the direction of this decentralized treasury function. Whether through proposing new initiatives, voting on key decisions, or providing valuable insights, your input holds immense value.
HireVibes Search recruits former Meta Engineer to join Trust Machines
HireVibes Seearch recruits Sabir Alizada from WhatsApp to become engineering lead at Trust Machines.
Join HireVibes on Console to Win an Exclusive BITMAP Ordinal!
HireVibes is thrilled to announce a fantastic giveaway opportunity that could lead you to the heart of this exciting digital realm.